|SM Platform Machine - UPS 4.5 Update Request|
UPS 4.5.0 is released and now available for both Flex Jet and NON Flex Jet configurations. See below for UPS 4.5 supported configurations and hardware requirements.
To request a UPS 4.5 software upgrade, please complete the attached questionnaire/check sheet plus the Self ID for each machine you wish to have updated.
Email the completed questionnaire(s)/Self ID to your Regional Sales and Service Office for a quotation and/or to process your request. Your completed questionnaire and Self ID will help to determine the required software kits and additional hardware, if any, that are required.
Software Update Reference Document:
UPS 4.5.0 Supported Configurations: Machine configurations noted below list the head locations in order. For example, the GSM1 FJ/HF means that the GSM is supported with FlexJet head on the front and High Force head on the rear.
GSM1 GSM2 GDM
GSM1 FJ/HF GSM2 FJ/FJ GDM AMV front or rear
GSM1 FJ front only GSM2 FJ/HF GDM PD(adhesive) front or rear
GSM1 FJ/AMV GSM2 FJ/FLX
GSM1 FJ/PD(adhesive) GSM2 HF/FLX
GSM1 FJ/FLX GSM2 FLX/HF
GSM1 FLX/FJ GSM2 HF/HF
GSM1 HF/FJ GSM2 FLX/FLX
GSM1 FLX only (front)
GSM1 FLX/PD (adhesive)
GSM1 HF only (front)
UPS 4.5 Hardware Requirements
· E-Block or later VME Chassis
· 16Mb Force CPU-30/16 board in VME slot 5
· Lantern 630 (UPS 4.5 also supports Lantern 640)
· Lantern 2Mb for Flex/HF/Dispense heads
· Lantern 8Mb for FlexJet or FlexJet combination configurations.
To determine, refer to the GSM PLATFORM - KNOWLEDGE BASE under
· 640 Lantern requires 266Mhz.
(Note: 640-266Mhz vsion system is labeled 640H/266, 640-133Mhz is labeled 640h.)
· FlexJet heads require 07+ or 09 head to run with 640 lantern vision system.
· Radisys Vision Interface Board in VME slot 10 or Radisys UIMC3 w/Vision Intf in slot 11 (slot 10 blank)
· OS/2 Warp 3.0 or later Operating System
· 500Mb minimum "free" GSM hard drive disk space
(2.1 GB hard drive recommended if storing large number of patterns)
· Radisys UIMC or UIMC3 axis controllers in VME slots 11-15
· Radisys EPC-9 Pentium CPU in VME slot 1
· CD-ROM Drive