Created by: Lisa C Miner on 12/01/2005 at 01:55 PM
|| ASA Version 1.04.03; P/N 499651-05 Rev. C|
USER RELEASE NOTES FOR UNIVERSAL PLATFORM SOFTWARE
ASA Version 1.4.3 (UPS+ 2.6.4) P/N 499651-05 Rev. C
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS - Machine
A working knowledge of the following is required to install UPS+:
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
- Windows User Manager
- Windows user groups
1. 166 Megahertz Pentium Processor or higher (Platform Machine, EPC-16 in the VME Chassis)
2. 256 MB of random access memory or higher
3. L-Block Machine or higher
4. Video Graphics Card capable of displaying a minimum of 800x600 pixels at 65,536 colors
5. 2 GB or more "free" hard disk space.
6. 4X CD-ROM drive or higher
1. Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional is installed.
2. UPS+ Support CD is installed (Version 2.04.00, part number 497473-05).
3. EPC-16 Video Drivers from the UPS+ Support CD are installed.
4. Administrator privileges for the local machine or PC on which the software will be installed.
5. License Manager CD is installed (Version 2.4, 498104-05).
6. SW, MCD Package Version 1.5.0 (p/n 501215-06) install is required for Genesis Bblock and Genesis Cblock machines. This would also include 4988A (Genesis Ablock) machine that has been retrofited with hardware kit p/n 49837801 in order to receive the latest software. MCD should not be used with the GSMxs 5785A machines.
Þ Power-PC/SIO MCOS Board (P/N 49375801 or 49375802)
- Board is flashed with UIC PPC Boot Loader software (p/n 496432-01 or 496432-02).
Power-PC/SIO MCOS Board (P/N 49375801 or P/N 49375802)
Þ Axis Controller
·UIMC3 U Bug 8 proms: 496256-01
Þ Serial I/O PROMS
- Board is flashed with PCA, Power PC/SIO software (p/n 487218-01).
ID # 47753301 - FJ-07 head w/standard manifold
ID # 48747801 - FJ-07 head w/modified manifold
ID # 48756101 - FJ-09 head
ID # 49302603 - FlexJet 2 head
NOTE: Updated PROMS are not required unless they are included with your software update package. Please refer to the packing list enclosed with your software package.
1. Advanced Motion Control for A+Machines V1.00.01 (p/n 497093-01 Rev A)
2. Advanced Motion Control for Genesis V1.01.00 (p/n 498127-02)
1. License, GEM for UPS+ (p/n 49403801). Software, UPS+ Gem Host GWA 4.5 - UIC 1.1 (p/n 497680-02).
2. UPS+ Offline SW (p/n 49881800)
3. UPS+ Offline Software-Upgrade (p/n 50118901)
4. License, C4 S/W KEY for UPS+ (p/n 49834001)
5. National Language for UPS+ (p/n 49882601)
6. NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTION (NPI) MODE (p/n 50042701)
7. Look Before Pick for ASA (p/n 50333801)
8. Single Beam Prepick for ASA (p/n 50452201)
Vision Software Version
AIS630: AIS630 1.82.1 UIC 5.1
SMD640: ESI 3.24.1 UIC 5.4 (SMD640_5.4_2003-12-08_20.44.25)
SMD650F: ESI 4.3.1 UIC 5.4 (SMD650_1.0_2003-12-16_13.45.43)
SMD650H: ESI 4.3.1 UIC 5.4 (SMD650_1.0_2003-12-16_13.45.43)
SMD650HF: ESI 4.3.1 UIC 5.4 (SMD650_1.0_2003-12-16_13.45.43)
WF640: ESI 1.3 (ASA_UPS_1.3.x_2003-11-05_16.49.26)
WF650H: ESI 2.3 (wf650h_1203_2003_Initial)
READ ME FIRST
This release contains a fix for the nozzle changer teach patch included in machines with a 0.5 m/p PEC camera (User00048557).
HEADS - FOUR SPINDLE Z CLUTCH
When upgrading from ASA 1.3.4 or below, defaults for the four spindle head must be set upon software installation in order to change appropriate axis parameters to prevent Z clutch problems.
The Z clutch now waits to disengage fully before re-engaging for the next spindle. The Z encoder position is also monitored after interlocks are broken in order to maintain correct Z position. Failure to do these things was resulting in damaged Z clutches and belts. (Def 47896)
FLIPCHIP CENTROID CALCULATION
When UPS+ software was first introduced, the flipchip placement location algorithm was changed such that the placement became based on the body center of component rather than based on the bump center (or feature center) of the solder bumps as it had been in OS/2 software. Therefore, when a customer moved an OS/2 product involving flipchips to a machine that was just upgraded to UPS+ or ASA 1.0.x, the components would be "misplaced" as compared with the OS/2 machine.
Starting with UPS+ 2.4.x, or ASA 1.3.x, flipchips will be placed based on the feature center -- for those components that are placed at zero degree. The change was not implemented for other rotations until a later version of SM UPS+ software. The correction for other rotations has definitely been completed in UPS+ 2.6.4/ ASA 1.4.x.
Please use the following matrix to help determine how existing products needs to be adjusted when using asymmetric flipchips:
PICK/PLACE LOCATION FOR BGA/NBGA/FLIPCHIP
Non-symmetric BGA/BNGA/C4 measuring point for non-zero pick/place X/Y has changed to use the center of the bumps. This may require changing products created in earlier versions of software. (UPS+ 2.5.0)
THIN FILM APPLICATOR
When restoring a machine configuration that contains an LTFA from an earlier version of software, the default locations need to be set again to get the correct mounting positions. The X,Y location will be based on location relative to machine zero (similar to mounting an upward looking camera), rather than mounting location similar to a feeder.
SINGLE BEAM PREPICK
In order to prevent the Single Beam Prepick feature from double picking parts in the first task block, the following sequence should be followed when loading the product:
1. Load the product.
2. Press the "Start" button and allow the machine to zero.
3. Press the "Start" button but DO NOT allow a board to transfer into the machine.
4. Reload the product and allow a board to transfer into the machine.
NOTE: This feature has been fixed in the ASA 1.6.1 release (User00076687).
SINGLE BEAM PREPICK
The key for Single Beam Prepick now checks the correct location to verify the key (User00074186).