|SM Platform Machine - UPS 4.2.1 Update Request|
UPS 4.2.1 is released and now available for both Flex Jet and NON Flex Jet configurations. See below for UPS 4.2.1 supported configurations and hardware requirements.
If your machine is running UPS 4.2.0 without special application software, you may download the 4.2.1 maintenance update from our Software Site. Or you may request a software shipment by e-mailing your request to SWService@uic.com.
If your SM Platform machine is NOT running UPS 4.2.0 and you would like a Software Service update to UPS 4.2.1, please complete the attached questionnaire/checksheet for each machine you wish to have updated. Fax the checksheet(s) to 607-779-7908 or EMail them to SWService@uic.com. We will review your completed questionnaire to determine if additional hardware or software is required.
Software Update Reference Document:
UPS 4.2.1 Supported Configurations: Machine configurations noted below list the head locations in order. For example, the GSM1 FJ/HF means that the GSM is supported with FlexJet head on the front and High Force head on the rear.
GSM1 GSM2 GDM
GSM1 FJ/HF GSM2 FJ/FJ GDM AMV front or rear
GSM1 FJ front only GSM2 FLX/FLX GDM PD(adhesive) front or rear
GSM1 FJ/AMV GSM2 HF/HF
GSM1 FJ/PD(adhesive) GSM2 HF/FLX
GSM1 FLX/FLX GSM2 FLX/HF
GSM1 FLX only (front)
GSM1 HF only (front)
GSM1 FLX/PD (adhesive)
UPS 4.2 Hardware Requirements
· E-Block or later VME Chassis
· 16Mb Force CPU-30/16 board in VME slot 5
· Lantern 630
· Lantern 2Mb for Flex/HF/Dispense heads
· Lantern 8Mb for FlexJet or FlexJet combination configurations.
To determine, refer to the GSM PLATFORM - KNOWLEDGE BASE under Document TECH-0053.
· Radisys Vision Interface Board in VME slot 10 or Radisys UIMC3 w/Vision Intf in slot 11 (slot 10 blank)
· OS/2 Warp 3.0 or later Operating System
· 500Mb minimum "free" GSM hard drive disk space (2.1 GB hard drive recommended if storing large number of patterns)
· Radisys UIMC or UIMC3 axis controllers in VME slots 11-15
· Radisys EPC-9 Pentium CPU in VME slot 1
· CD-ROM Drive