Product and Process
|Course Title: ||HSC/IL7-M-L2--Lightning High Speed Chip Head and InLine 7 Head Advanced Maintenance|
|Course level:||Level 2|
|Relevant product codes:||4703A - Fuzion 1, 4703B - Fuzion 1, 4703B - Fuzion 1, 4704A - Fuzion 2, 4704B - Fuzion 2, 4704B - Fuzion 2, 4705A - Fuzion 4, 4705B - Fuzion 4, 4705B - Fuzion 4, 4706A - Fuzion XC2, 4706B - Fuzion XC2, 4706B - Fuzion XC2, 4993B - Single Beam Lightning (GC30S), 4993B - Single Beam Lightning (AC30S), R4983 - Advantis Lightning, R4984 - Advantis Multifunction, R4990 - Genesis DB Lightning, R4991 - Genesis Quad Beam Lightning, R4992 - Genesis SB Multifunction, R4993 - Genesis SB Lightning, 4984B - Advantis Multi Function, 4988F - Dual Beam Multifuction (GX-11D), 4988F - Dual Beam Multifunction (GI-14D), 4990D - Dual Beam Lightning (GC60D), 4990D - Dual Beam Lightning (AC60D), 4991D - GC-120Q, 4992B - Single Beam Multifunction (GX-11S), 4992B - Single Beam Multifunction (AX-7S), 4983A - Advantis HSC, 4985A - Advantis, 4990C - GC60D - Genesis Lightning, 4991A - GC-120Q, 4993A - GC-30S, 4990C - Genesis Lightning|
|Course length:||5 days|
|Overview:||This course provides the knowledge and skills necessary to remove and install |
the head and perform corrective maintenance including the removal and
replacement of all field replaceable parts. This course applies to the
30-spindle Lightning Head and the InLine 7 Head, which are used on the Genesis
and AdVantis Platforms. Please notify us in advance if a student requires
training for only one of these heads.
|Who should take this course?||This course is intended for technicians who are expected to troubleshoot and repair parts on the Lightning and InLine 7 heads.|
|Prerequisites:||• Trainees should be able to perform all level-1 tasks that apply to their job, including head operation, and head preventive maintenance tasks.|
• Customers who have Magellan Calibration, MMI AT, and/or MMI kits should have previous training or experience with these tools. This course may provide only a brief review of these processes.
|Required Materials:||• Training heads, suitable for disassembly/reassembly by inexperienced students (not a production head)|
• Portable MCCM Calibration Kit - P/N 50454101; Lightning 30 Cal Nozzle Kit - P/N 50114402; Lightning Tool Kit - P/N 49714602; *0201 Live Trim Kit - P/N 51236201; **Adhesive Kit for 0201 Live Trim - P/N 51236203
* This kit is recommended to trim Lightning Heads for customers who run 0201 or smaller components.
** Note: The adhesive kit contains aerosol cans (3M spray adhesive & adhesive remover) which are considered HazMat items. Please check your local regulations before ordering. This item cannot be shipped everywhere in the world.
|During this course you will:||Lightning Head tasks:|
• Briefly review all Lightning Head parts and functions.
• Briefly review Lightning Head theory of operation, to include: Zeroing, PreProduction Nozzle Setup, and Production processes.
• Configure production variables that affect Lightning Head operation.
• Identify and correct common Lightning Head operator errors.
• Remove the Lightning Head.
• Perform corrective maintenance: Remove and replace all field-replaceable Lightning Head parts and assemblies.
• Review the process of replacing the PHI VRM board: Flash, PHI LM Cal
• Perform PHI LM Calibration.
• Perform PHI Zero Offset setup.
• Use all Lightning Head diagnostic tools to troubleshoot the head, to include Lightning Head Diagnostics/Subsystem Control, AMC for Z, and AMC for PHI.
• Briefly review (only) the processes for Magellan Calibration, trimming (MMI AT), and measuring machine performance (MMI).
InLine 7 Head tasks:
• Describe IL7 theory of operation
• Install the Head and configure the Head specific options on the Platform.
• Perform setups and review preventive maintenance tasks.
• Perform the most common corrective maintenance tasks.
• Use Diagnostics tools, to include: MDS, Diagnostics II, Discrete I/O
• Review Programming differences.
• Troubleshoot head performance.
• Review MCCM Calibration. (Optional: For those with MCCM Calibration kit only.)
• Review the MMI AT trimming process. (Optional: For those with MMI kit only.)
|Suggested additional courses:||GEN-E-L2|
|Typical Course Schedule:||A typical course schedule is shown below:|
| ||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4||Day 5|
|  8 AM to|
|Review Theory of Operation, common operator errors, production variables, common operator errors||Corrective Maintenance, setups, and head replacement||Diagnostic tools; Review Cal, MMI AT, and MMI processes||Disassemble and rebuild head and nozzle changer||Perform head setups; Review PM tasks|
|  1 PM to|
|Head removal and corrective maintenance||Diagnostic tools; Review Cal, MMI AT, and MMI processes||Review head theory of operation; Remove head and nozzle changer||Disassemble and rebuild head and nozzle changer; Replace head and nozzle changer||Use Diagnostics tools; Troubleshooting head performance
Review Calibration and MMI AT